Pages

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

My Name Is Saul

I drove home from South Carolina, my mind reeling. I knew we all have angels to protect and guide us. I even had a couple of friends whose special gift is to see them. Still, I had never experienced anything like that in my life. Angels were not just an idea to me anymore. They were real.

A short time later, I got some insight from a gifted intuitive counselor named Susann Taylor Shier (www.soulmastery.net). During the course of our conversation, Susann brought up the concept that guides are always working for us, cheering us on. I mentioned the experience of sensing my guide and was encouraged to take the time to explore that relationship further.

During the course of the next week, I took advantage of every moment of quiet time I had. Being the teacher of two-year-olds at a daycare, my best times occurred during naptime. I would sit a few minutes, focusing on being in my body and more specifically in my heartspace. I began talking to the presence quietly, just feeling where it was. I felt a little ridiculous talking to some entity without a name, so I assigned him the name "Bob"--sort of like one automatically calls a stray dog "Fido" or "Spot". I felt his sense of humor bubbling up every time I referred to him by this pseudo-name. It was nice to know he had a sense of humor.

After a couple of days getting to know this presence and referring to him as "Bob", I got a much stronger message from him than I had ever received before. Instead of just feelings and impressions, the feelings became strong enough to form words. "My name is Saul." It wasn't said in an angry, exasperated way. I knew he wasn't upset about being called "Bob". The voice was quite matter-of-fact. Saul was just answering a question I had not asked because of my own feelings of inadequacy. My reaction to the statement was, "Really?" It seemed improbable to me that I was worthy enough to actually get words let alone an answer to my unspoken question. He had a name. It was Saul and I knew it!

No comments:

Post a Comment