Pages

Monday, December 20, 2010

The Presence

The South Carolina trees were clothed in the freshness of spring. The stillness of the countryside was broken only occasionally by the crowing of a rooster in the distance. Dew still clung to the delicate blades of grass in the late morning sunshine. It was so easy to be at peace there with the beauty of nature all around. My sister and I were taking full advantage of the calm as we sat, staring at the green of the woods, leaving the modern world behind.

I was excited to share some of the things I had learned about connecting to Source over the past several months with my sister. I explained how important it was to be fully present in your body--you could tell by being aware of your five senses (sight, hearing, touch, taste, smell). Once you are sure your spirit is totally integrated into your body and not wandering around through your imagination, you could begin to go within and connect to your heartspace. This heartspace is the place you recognize the light within and connect to the Oneness. I was excited by what I had learned about myself and the Universe by doing this process, and I wanted her to be able to access it also.

The two of us sat, together yet each focused on our own connection to that energy that is everything. It was in this period of exploring that connection--that Void--I first became aware of a presence. It felt as though someone was standing behind me and somewhat to the left, just out of arm's reach. The presence was not scary--I actually felt protected. I didn't try to look back. It was enough to know it was there. I also sensed a presence near my sister, although I did not focus much on that being knowing it was there for her and not me. We sat for a long time just absorbing the energy.

I knew for the first time in my life I was consciously connecting to my angel, my spirit guide. I allowed myself to bask in the glow of affection this being had for me, and I allowed my love to flow back. I understood this guide was there for me--had always been there, and I drew strength from it. The awareness of this presence was the start of many beautiful experiences of come.

No comments:

Post a Comment