Pages

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Talking With Those Who Pass On

Part of my journey with Saul has been about acknowledging my continuing relationships with those who have spent time with me here but have now passed on. I don't consider myself a medium, but there are times when my empathic abilities allow me to sense those who are no longer here when I particularly need to talk to them. I've talked with grandparents and aunts, and I seem particularly close to my first mother-in-law. The most surprising one has been just this morning as I sit in my quiet time and connect.

I have been relating my story about my experiences in the Jeffrey Lundgren cult in a series on my other regular blog, From Cocoon to Butterfly (http://www.cocoontobutterfly.blogspot.com/). I've actually felt prompted by Saul to begin telling my story in this way, and I've found it to be both revealing and catharic for me. As I remember the details to their conclusion, I feel the presence of Karen Avery, the little girl who was killed by Jeff Lundgren along with her family. In many ways, her memory has haunted me for years.

I hear Karen tell me she does not want her story to be all about revenge and "justice". She wants what I want: to let her life serve as a cautionary tale about what can happen to those who follow another human instead of following the truth inside themselves--that God within. She did not die for justice. She died for love.

As I walk this path of telling my story, I choose to tell Karen's story as well. It's the least I can do for someone who could not tell her own story in life. It is definitely a story worth sharing.

No comments:

Post a Comment